- It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
The information that whitmanbooks.online gathers is minimal because we use Google Authentication to verify that all users have a whitman.edu gmail address.
- Here is what we have access to:
- your IP address
- the date and time
- your browser
- your operating system
- your listed books
- basic information related to your google account:
- your name
- your profile picture
- your email address that you use to login
Here is what we store in our database: - your google token associated with your Google+ profile (this is publicly available information) - any books you are selling, their price, and their condition
All of this information is used to generate your profile and connect your listings to your whitmanbooks.online profile. Additionally, your email will be attached to the books you are selling for ease of contact.
Your Access and Control of Your Information
At any point you may contact us via the email address or phone number given below for any of the following: - see all data we have related to your account - have us delete any data related to your account - express any concerns you may have about our use of your data
Our website protects all information by encrypting and transmitting it in a secure way. You can verify this by checking the left hand side of your URL bar and noticing the green padlock and ‘Secure’ text denoting a secure https connection.
Our use of AWS and Google Auth also allows us to take advantage of the security of two of the largest tech companies in existence. This means that your data is more likely to be kept secure.
Notification of Modification